Thursday 24 April 2014

Albert Einstein


Alright, my second post.....I have to confess I having been putting much effort in since my holiday last a short amount of time, but anyways, enough about me, who do I talk about first? Will some thought (...or barely at all) I suppose the first person I want to talk about is Albert Einstein.

Albert Einstein was born in Germany in March 14th, 1879 and died in April 18th, 1955, he was a German theoretical physicist, famous for his scientific and logic defying (at the time) theories of special and general relativity and also a famous energy equation e=mc^2.

I will talk about one of his most famous proposed theory, the special theory of relativity. Before Albert Einstein, many scientist believed that time was a constant universal entity (like how time just goes forward and is not susceptible to change in any other direction or anything else), however, Einstein's theory put an end to that fact, when he proposed in his special relativity theory, in his theory it was said that not only is time not a universal constant and that it travels in a straight line like a majority of us believes, but that it can be slowed or sped up, that it can vary. That was the kicker and because at the time of its proposal, that the idea of time varying was so ridiculous, much of the scientific community rejected the idea.

Over the years, as technology advanced and improved, scientist were able to test his theory and despite all the past criticisms, rejections and skepticism, Albert Einstein's theory was correct after all.

- Leo Lieu (LILED1303/ISYS100)
Old Albert Einstein.
Young Albert Einstein.
Albert Einstein's famous equation.

No comments:

Post a Comment